This dresser was from Chris's parents room and it is totally solid so I knew throwing it out was not an option. I imagine they purchased this years ago before the days of cheap furniture that falls apart came into play. It was a little scratched and the color wasn't ideal, so I gave it a facelift!
I knew I wanted to use it in either our master bedroom or the downstairs guest so I went with a color that would work in either room. My mind is constantly changing and I am forever rearranging furniture so I needed a color that would work in multiple rooms. I decided to use chalk paint because it's the best when changing a color on a piece of furniture. No sanding required and it is really fool proof. Many chalk paint companies are limited with color selection so I decided to try something new with this project. BB Frosch came up with a powder that can be added to any paint color. What a genius idea!! It requires such a small amount of paint that I can go to a paint store and grab sample pots instead of having to buy an entire can of paint. Saves money, saves time and allows you to choose your perfect color. For this piece I chose Seaworthy by Sherwin Williams. Love it!
After about one and a half coats of paint I coated it with clear wax and allowed it to sit over night. Now it is happy and in our master bedroom full of my husband's t-shirts! I think I am going to have to find a larger dresser so I can use some of it. But I know this will look great in the guest bedroom so I can move it when that day comes.
Summitt loves it too!