This piece was one of Chris's favorites that his mother had in the house. I have been saving it with a couple of ideas on how to bring it back to life and to make it work with our new home. There have been several pieces of green furniture I have seen over the years and I finally decided it was time I try this out on a piece of my own.
I started by sanding down the top of the piece with a palm sander to take off the finish. This took forever so I decided to use a chalk paint on the bottom to keep from having to sand the entire piece. I chose Argyle from Sherwin Williams as the green paint and mixed it with BB Frosch chalk paint powder so I could get the exact color I wanted. It came out pretty green so I covered it with a dark finishing wax and voila!!
For the finish on the top, I used Minwax Jacobean for a darker finish. Once it was dry I applied a clear finishing wax and let it sit for a couple of days. I was really thrilled with how this transformation turned out and now I have that empty corner filled with a new beautiful piece!!